Social media doesn’t have to be hard! And believe it or not, you don’t have to use every platform in your business.
Starting out in social media can seem overwhelming. But, it really isn’t as hard as it looks, and there are many ways to make it all easier.
Before you get overwhelmed in social media you should stop and consider which platforms are best for you. I personally use facebook for all of my businesses. But I don’t use them all in the same way.
I also use instagram and pinterest for my crochet business and I use Linkedin for this business. I share all my blog posts to twitter for increased exposure, but I am really not a fan of that platform (Sorry!).
And did you know that you can link some of these platforms to automatically share posts from one to another? Nothing speaks efficiency more than completing more than one task with a single action!
Pretty much anyone can set up a facebook page or start an instagram account. But not everyone knows all of the tricks and tools that you can use within these platforms. Heck, I will even admit that there are probably still tools that I haven’t used or come across yet too!
Facebook and instagram are my favourites to use, and here are some tools that I recommend you get familiar with if you choose to use these platforms.
- Messages in facebook. Make sure you set up your messages account properly with “out of office” and other automatic replies. And make sure you respond in a timely manner during your office hours.
- Link tree. Is a must in instagram. It has a free and a paid option but it allows you to send customers to more than one weblink from your profile.
- Your profile. Make sure it is clear who you are and what your mission is.
- Call to action buttons. Use them! But make sure you choose the right one for your business.
- Pinned posts on facebook. This keeps your most important post to the top of your page until you unpin it.
- Hashtags. These can be in your post &/or in the first comment on instagram and will get your work seen in more places!
- Discover all of the right apps. They all have their way to make your life easier on social media.
This list is just a basic list to start with. There are so many ways that you can use social media to increase your exposure and efficiently direct customers to where you really need them.
And if you’ve read the list and thought “what the heck are you talking about?!” or you’ve thought “awesome, but how do I do all of this?!”, then you really need to speak with me directly! Contact me or Book a Session and together we can remove any overwhelm you may be experiencing with social media.